Image Map

I Miss My Husband

06 September 2013

I took your car to have the bubbly tint removed from the back windshield.
Somehow, having your car gone made more sense in my little world.
I was glad to have a brief reprieve from the little joy I feel every time I arrive home and see "oh, yes, my husband is home!", only to be hit one second later with the realization that you're not home.
In fact, you're very far from home.
And although you haven't yet returned, your car has.  Minus that annoying tint.  So at least there's that.

I enjoy doing special errands for you while you're gone.
Especially the stuff I know has been bugging you for a long time.
I guess it makes me feel closer to you in a way,
like if you're not here, at least I'm still serving you and helping you from a distance.

I miss you.
I miss you like crazy.

It's been so hot here, it's hard to believe.
I talk to you about the weather when we have a few, brief minutes to catch up on FaceTime.
In this heat, even cold-blooded me has been waking up in the middle of the night...too hot...too sweaty.
We'd be miserable sleeping next to each other.
Yet, we'd be perfectly content sleeping next to each other.

I long to hear your voice, to feel your presence in our house.
I'm glad for our video calls, but they are a poor substitute.  We can talk about our days and we can talk about the weather and we can profess our love to each other, but it's a poor substitute.
I want your here and sometimes our calls just remind me of how far away you are.

Why is it that you're gone for three weeks?
Three weeks when we had a holiday weekend, and out of town guests, and then my best friend is gone on vacation.  Three weeks when I don't have much going on in the evenings.
And then as soon as you return home, my evenings are booked with work events, until I take off for four days in Mexico.
What's up with that, scheduling Gods?!

It's not all pity party around these parts.
I know you're learning a lot in China, and I'm really proud of you for the work you're doing.
I'm making the most of all this alone time, tackling all the crappy items that have been sitting on our to-do lists for far too long.
Maybe I'll even be able to do a pull-up by the time you get back.
Hey, a girl can dream ;)

I miss you babe.
As independent as I can be, these times apart make it glaringly obvious that my life is far better with you in it.  You make me a better person and you make my life so much more joyful.
I guess I don't mind the codependence.

Love, love, love you!



3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I miss my husband too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you wrote this. It's so for him, but I think we can all relate to it. Scott's outta town this weekend and I miss him already. I know what you mean about being independent, but still feeling less complete without your partner. I guess after being together for so long they are more than a part of our lives, they really become a part of who we are. Way to go with tackling the to-do list. So far, in Scott's absence, I have tackled a big huge bunch of nothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I've been following all of his updates on Facebook, I'm so jealous of his trip! :( stay strong lovely lady, love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...