Image Map

My Blogger Dream Come True

11 June 2013

Me, Devon, and Lindsay
pic stolen from Linds' instagram

On Sunday, my blogger dreams came true.  I got to meet two of my favorite bloggers in person and it was the best thing ever.  My husband always joked that Lindsay was actually a 40-year old dude living in his parents' basement...but it gives me great pleasure to say that he was wrong.  (As if I would fall for that Catfish bullshizz.)

Naturally, we were all hugs and smiles from the get-go.  I hugged Lindsay first while I was still sitting down...then I had to stand up and get another hug for good measure (let's face it--I knew Linds would enjoy the bosom snuggle.)  Since you cannot tell from the above photo, I'm crouched down about two feet so as not to appear like some freaky giant next to my awesomely-petite friends.

We had brunch...and talked...and talked and talked and talked.  We talked about getting kicked out of bars (side eye Devon), about drunken wrestling (side eye Linds), future baby making, and all the good shit in between.  It definitely felt like a meeting amongst old friends.  If only Linds would move back to SoCal, we could make this a regular thing.  Honestly, our meet-up far exceeded my expectations and I don't think any of us wanted it to end.  If this were the only thing to come out of my time blogging, I would be satisfied.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! You all look so beautiful and I laughed when you said you were crouching down. Glad you all got to meet up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're back!! (maybe,kinda,sorta) Anyway, great to see you on here! Since moving to CA, every single person I hang out with is from blogging, so even though I'm not super into in general, I have to say, it's pretty freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, our date was such a highlight of my trip! That is saying a lot, considering all the wonderful things that my trip entailed! You and Devon are exactly as wonderful as I had dreamed up in my head. (I already knew that about you since we've been legit Skype/phone friends for awhile.) We really, really need to meet up the next time I'm in SD! Triple date with the husbands! (I'm so serious.) Love love LOVE you!

    Jeff, I AM A REAL PERSON, AND EMILY HAS THE PICTURE TO PROVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! Sounds like you guys had the best time. I just found your blog via your blog meetup post that Lindsay tweeted, and I'm hooked! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...