Image Map

Fitness Results After 4 Months of Crossfit

21 June 2013

I said one of the reasons I wanted to start blogging again was to document my fitness journey.  What I didn't consider was how vulnerable it would be to post bikini-clad photos of myself at various milestones.  So here's the part where I need to be brave!

If you missed my post about why I started the journey of getting fit, read it first here.



I started Crossfit in February 2013, and I go three times per week.  According to the online booking system, I've been to exactly 56 classes.

So what is Crossfit?

According to the headquarters website, Crossfit is constantly varied, functional movements, performed at relatively high intensity.  Here's my definition:

Crossfit is a crazy, often intense combination of olympic weightlifting and plain-old push-ups, situps, pullups, box jumps, rope climbs, and more in a FUN, group environment.  You'll get great results super-fast, and you'll be sore in muscle groups you didn't even know existed.  But you'll get addicted anyway and geek out about Crossfit things that your friends and family won't understand.

People say "Wow, that's too intense for me."  Yes, there is a high-intensity component to Crossfit, but it's usually only 7-12 minutes of the hour long workout.  Everyone does the same workout on the same day...but with different amounts of weight and varying degrees of scaling, depending on fitness level.

For example, here is the workout we did on Monday:

warm-up:
400m jog
some various stretches & exercises to get loose

A. Back Squats
5-5-5-5-5 (this part takes about 20 minutes, and you're going for your 5 rep max weight.  Mine went 70-80-90-100lbs and I ran out of time to try a fifth set.)

B. 4 Rounds for time
15 back squats (I used 65lbs for this, but the women's Rx weight was 95lbs--this is a perfect example of scaling the workout.)
400m run

My time was 15:55
(every workout is timed or scored...so over time you can repeat a workout and see how much you improved.)

My results after 4 months of Crossfit.....
{and cleaning up my diet--so important--but a topic for another time!}


Full disclosure: photos were taken first thing in the morning...post-bathroom, pre-food & water.  So basically, at the time when I will look my skinniest for the entire day ;)


  • I lost 12 lbs (much of this is thanks to a 30-day food challenge we did at our gym)
  • I definitely lost inches off my belly, hips, and thighs
  • Goodbye cellulite from under my butt cheeks
  • I gained muscle and tone

I certainly don't think my body is perfect...and I have many fitness goals that I haven't reached yet {hello, doing a single pull-up unassisted}, but I'm very proud of the progress and I look forward to celebrating new fitness milestones as I go.  I've honestly never blogged about fitness before {probably because I didn't have jack to say about it}, so if y'all have any suggestions of things I should share more about or things I should keep track of, please let me know.

Update: See 8-month results here.

Do you have any health or fitness advice to share?

7 comments:

  1. You look amazing! This is so awesome to see, congratulations lovely lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! So impressed. I had my son 8 months ago and haven't seemed to get motivated enough yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! Love your hip bones :) I hope to have a Zumba success story soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this. You and I started Crossfit at the same time, and I saw equally miraculous results. Thanks for posting your story on here, and thanks for being brave and posting pictures.

    Chris Ferguson

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your article is very good and the quality, I Obat Bius really like all
    thanks for the share article

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...