Image Map

Blog Time vs Real Time

20 July 2012

I love having so much content to write about.
However, this blog time warp is throwing me for a bit of a loop.

Apparently I cannot say "time warp" without immediately
thinking of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  This makes me happy.  {via}

It's like my blog is in it's own little time zone {or week zone if I'm being honest.}
So here's the deal...

In blog time, I'm still writing about Vietnam.
In real time, this is what our trip itinerary looks like:

June 1 - June 5 Hamilton Island
June 6 - 13 Bali
June 14 - 27 Vietnam
June 27 - 30 Taiwan
July 1 - 6 Japan
July 7 - 21 New Zealand

While it's important to me to write about all our travels,
it also feels sort of disingenuous to be writing about Vietnam, when that was weeks and weeks ago,
and there is exciting stuff happening in the here and now.

What's so exciting?, you might ask.
Well, tonight is the last night of our travels!
Yes, that's right, tomorrow we fly back to Sydney to grab our luggage,
and the following day we'll be on a plane back to Los Angeles.

We are so.excited.
So excited.

The travel has been amazing,
and, truly, I cannot wait to share so many of the photos and memories with you guys,
but we are ready to go home.
We are ready to see our friends.
We are ready to get our dogs.
We are ready to eat the shit out of enjoy Starbucks, Yogurtland, Chipotle, Trader Joe's, Souplantation,
and all our other faves.
We are ready.


And how can I not share this anticipation with you guys?
If I write about it weeks from now, I think it might be lacking emotion.
So I guess what I'm saying is this:
No, I'm not done writing about our Big Adventure.
Yes, there might be some weird time warp breaks to share what's happening in real time.

We are in one of the most beautiful places on Earth right now,
Queenstown New Zealand.
I'm too lazy to upload pictures at the moment, so you'll have to take my word for it.
It's gorgeous.  And we're enjoying it.
But a good test of being ready to go home is when even the most beautiful places
don't hold a candle to home.


Los Angeles....here we come :)

12 comments:

  1. emily!! i cant believe its over already!! how long have you guys been out of the states? i know it was since i met you, right?? ive been having a hard time keeping up with reading blogs lately...but i am so so looking forward to seeing more from you.. excited for you... and for your over consumption of starbucks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Zealand...on my top 5 places I want to visit list :)
    I can't believe you're wrapping up your trip; it seems to have flown by! I hope you guys took in every single second, lady!

    I'm excited that you're moving back to the States though!

    Safe travels! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you are already wrapping up your trip! I bet you've had such an amazing time and I cannot wait to hear about the rest of it! I wish you safe travels back to the states! I cannot even imagine your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! What an exciting time to stumble upon your blog. I can't wait to hear more about your travels! New Zealand especially...it's been on our dream list for a long time...so I'll just live vicariously through you :-)K? Hope you have safe travels back home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are having fun and that you are excited to be coming home. i dont think anybody minds a little time warp. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Souplantation!! I didn't think there was another soul out there that truly appreciated that place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe the Big Adventure is already coming to an end. Those seven weeks flew by! And see? All of us are still here (im)patiently waiting for your return to blog/Twitter/FB land.

    I wish you a smooth trip home, and I can't wait to see your face on Skype next Tuesday! WAHOO!

    I love you, BSM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you guys safe travels as you had back to LA! Who cares about chronology anyways?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow girl...I can't believe your heading home soon. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures. And whenever you post them I'll read them time warp or not! Enjoy your last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It always makes me laugh when I read about bloggers talking about how amazing their holiday to NZ is! I guess living here kind of makes me take stuff for granted a bit. :S

    I hope you have a safe trip home and I'm definitely looking forward to reading about your visit to my teeny little country in the middle of nowhere...although BTW...we do have Starbucks in Christchurch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean about blog time. I tend to schedule my posts about a week in advance, so sometimes I feel like my blog is living it's own life out there, a week off from where I am. Sometimes I wonder if I should make it more "real time", but there is something nice about having things scheduled, too. Plus it gives me breathing room so I don't have to think of what to write every day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Safe travels! It has been a joy to follow you on your adventure and cannot wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...