Image Map

Easter Camping

10 April 2012

I planned a glorious post full of awesome edited photos.
However, Google+ foiled that plan by uploading my photos into black squares of nothing.
Awesome.
Nevertheless, we'll recap the camping trip in two parts, with the hope that part two won't let us down.

Before I jump right in, let me explain a few things that Americans forget {or never knew to begin with.}
Australia has the same land mass as the USA.
Australia has five states and two territories.
Let me repeat: same size as USA, with only seven states.

So when I say we went camping in the next state up, it basically means that we had to catch a plane.
Fortunately, we had friends meet us at the airport and take us out for a delicious breakfast.

Zucchini & Sweet Corn Fritter, topped with tomato, avocado, and haloumi cheese
Is it just me or is my husband looking mighty fine?

Then they took us around to see a bit of Brisbane.  Also know as Bris-Vegas or Brisneyland.
Our mini-tour of Bribane was fraught with apologies about how it pales to measure up to Sydney.
Funny. And true.
When 11am rolled around, it was time to hop our ferry to North Stradbroke Island {aka Straddie.}


In just 30 minutes, we arrived to the land of beautiful ocean and blue skies.
So naturally, I had to spend every last second of connectivity emailing bloggers.




Our friends picked us up from the ferry terminal and that's when the adventures began.  There are some roads on the island, but the last 14km to our campsite was on this freeway:


It's legitimately considered a road.  In fact, cops were stopping cars for speeding and doing breathe-tests  on our second day.

I'd love to share more, but it took 20 minutes to upload these 8 photos.
Literally, twenty minutes.
I considered stabbing my eyes out.
But then how would I blog tomorrow?


How was your Easter?

17 comments:

  1. Ok. I'm totally jealous

    Australia??!? I must have missed that yesterday when I fell in love with you blog. I'm officially hooked now.

    Growing up I was obsessed with Australia. To the point I would fake the accent. As a matter of fact, my dad let me record an answering machine message for him and people would hang up when they called because they thought they had the wrong number.

    Tell me...do you have one of those cool accents?!?

    Can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll make you a deal. i'll send you 5 lbs of reese's peanut butter eggs if you send me one of those breakfasts....holy shiz that looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll make you a deal. i'll send you 5 lbs of reese's peanut butter eggs if you send me one of those breakfasts....holy shiz that looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a fantastic getaway - if only all freeways were like that one ... sigh ...

    I hope you had an amazing Easter weekend - mine was spent moving and mooching about with my brother who flew in from HK. Love him.

    Can't wait for part 2 ...

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the lingo that you include in your posts. You're so... cultured, Em! :-)

    And OF COURSE, you were taking care of blog biz while you had internet! I swear blogging is like an addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually don't like food pictures, but Holy Cow, that breakfast looks amazing. (and there is no cow in it!)

    p.s. love the picture of you tapping away on the iPad. That's exactly what I would be doing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How English has my brain become that the first thing I focused on in your pictures was that you're in short sleeves and flip-flops?? Also, I *love* halloumi cheese. I swear it goes with so many dishes, and is great on its own! I can't wait to see more pictures tomorrow, and good luck- I get screaming/throwing things angry at the photo uploader when it screws up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun, cant wait to see the rest, hopefully Google+ is nicer tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a lovely trip :) looks like you guys had an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THAT LOOKS AAAAMAAAAZZING!! I am officially jealous! Am I gonna get in trouble if I agree that your hubby looks cute? :) Haha!!

    SO glad you had a great weekend girl!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see Australia camping pictures. I am so excited that camping season is approaching in Canada. Did you play wizard sticks? And do you have to worry about koala's or kangaroos instead of moose or bears? Please educate me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Technology can be so annoying sometimes...I wanted to see more pictures! The scenery looks gorgeous though and it sounds like an amazing time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, I love Brisbane! It's got such a good vibe. And, a clearly defined city centre, which is something I have realised I like about cities - and something that Sydney really lacks! I've not been to Straddie, though, but it looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looks like you had a great easter! i've always wanted to go to australia :) p.s. i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I just came across your blog! Please come check mine out as well @ classicglamblog.blogspot.com :: if you like, follow! I will gladly return the favor.

    Best,
    Classic+Glam Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. That fritter looks amazing. Almost amazing enough to make me want to hop on a plane and head down under to try one. Yum. The pictures you've uploaded so far look great! The road on the beach made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want that breakfast!! On your next visit, please make it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...