Image Map

Tuesday Travel Diaries: New Orleans

06 March 2012

Welcome back for another week of.....

{New awesome graphic, courtesy of Priceless Design Studios}

This week, we have the lovely Carisa, from Bunnies and Pearls.
Carisa has a sweet spot in my heart, because she's a Michigan girl...and lives only 45 minutes from where I grew up!  She blogs about fashion, food, and DIY.

bunniesandpearls

Hi, I'm Carisa, and I am so excited to share a travel diary with you! 

A few summers ago my husband and and I went to New Orleans for our honeymoon. I don't know what made us decide to go there but we were beyond excited! We only stayed for two nights then we went off to stay in a condo in Florida.

We got married young so we didn't have a lot of money saved to pay for an extravagant honeymoon so we made the best out of what we had. 

Since money was tight we drove down to New Orleans. We actually left on my 21st Birthday so we could make it there in time to celebrate. If I were to guess I would say the total trip in gas was about $300. so by driving we probably saved at least $400!

Checking the Map!!
Also by driving you have the ability to enjoy the trip! You can stop whenever and wherever you want. We stopped to grab some coffee at a place called Biggies Cafe just because it was called that. It was kind of a dive but it made for a fun story.


We stayed in the coolest hotel in the garden district. I read online that if you are trying to save a little bit of money you should stay further away from downtown. There is a train that runs all the way from the garden district to the french quarter so you can really get anywhere!

The Inside of the Hotel we Stayed in!
The weirdest part of our honeymoon was going to a "hopping place" like New Orleans and then going to a small community in Florida. New Orleans was beyond fun, we are city folk so we loved the noise and the excitement. Florida was the opposite---quiet and everything shut down at 9:00 pm.

Celebrating my 21st on Burbon Street
There are so many great things to do in New Orleans. We love the zoo so we went to the one there and it was close to the best zoo I have ever been to! The best part, you could drink beer! You can basically drink anywhere in New Orleans, it definitely takes some getting used to.

We are definitely going back. It is an amazing experience. The heat is awesome, really, we loved it! There is a lot to do! The culture is so cool! Being able to experience street art, jazz, and the night culture was so awesome.

A trip is booked with friends for May to go back for an entire week!!! I hope that we can spend more time and immerse ourselves in the culture!

--------------------------------

If you enjoyed this week's TTD, please go say 'hi' to Carisa, HERE.

Also, if you were featured on Tuesday Travel Diaries, please grab a button for your blog.
{Once again, courtesy of Priceless Design Studios --thank you, thank you Katie!}

Tuesday Travel Diaries

Did you take a vacation, old or new, that you'd like to share with other bloggers?
If so, please E-mail me to be featured on Tuesday Travel Diaries.

emmyjuneborninmay{at}gmail{dot}com or Click Here.

6 comments:

  1. you are so sweet! thanks again for letting me guest post, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I've only been to New Orleans on a mission trip, but I'd love to go back sometime to take in the sights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Orleans looks awesome! I want to go to "the south" someday :)

    & your welcome for the buttons, thanks for linking my studio! I'm looking at them & wish I had put shadow on the outside though, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGHHHH i miss new orleans so much - after graduate school I am dying to move back there (California just hasn't done it for me like Louisiana does)...SAINTS! whooppwhoop! However, I am going to visit for a week and stay with my friends :0) best city ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun, I want to go on a road trip as well!

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...