Image Map

Hello, Weekend

08 March 2012

Dear Ibis Hotel in Newcastle, you are the pits.  Apparently, your clientele is so low-class that you cannot stock any beverages in the mini-fridge, yet you still put a $50 deposit on my credit card.  Also, I hurt my head on the lamp that is fixed to the wall about 3 inches above the pillow.  And last, but in no way least, the "Welcome Drink" of a small dixie cup filled with orange kool-aid was not welcoming.  Dear Rain, you're still here.  I don't even know what to say anymore.  You're now a permanent fixture on Friday's Letters.  Dear Lindsay, I love that I have a Blogger BFF.  It makes me feel like one of the cool kids :)  Dear Readers, you girls have been uh-mazing this week.  On Monday, I posted about something fairly controversial, that I felt passionate about.  So many of you stuck with me through the entire post, and left very sweet, supportive feedback.  Regardless of your position on the issue, I was thrilled to see the dialogue.  Dear Husband, you got your own shout-out yesterday...so don't go getting greedy.  Just keep feeding me no-bake cookies until I melt into a lump of cocoa & peanut butter.  Dear Joseph Kony, I had no idea who you were just two days ago.  Well, guess what?  Now I know and I'm donating time and money to see you in captivity.  Dear Universe, thanks for all the love & blessings.  I love you right back!

Dear Ashley, thanks for hosting my favorite link-up of the week :)

Photobucket

TGIF!

5 comments:

  1. BBFF! Holla! Shout-out! I definitely feel like one of the cool kids on the block now. You are so awesome, and I love that we're scheming about all the ways we'll meet back here in the states. :-) I LOVE YOU, EMMY JUNE!

    Happy weekend, pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a terrible hotel. Hopefully it gets better. I've just found your blog and am really enjoying reading through it. I'm a new follower and am looking forward to more :)
    Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious :) that welcome drink sounds AWFUL! hahaha Also, so GLAD you are on board with KONY2012! AMAZING how it is spreading and getting media coverage and attention now! awesome! thanks for linking up!

    xo,
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA the Ibis IS the worst!! On my first 5 month stay in Australia, I was fortunate enough to stay in a town house attached to The Crowne Plaza. I never actually stayed in the hotel part, but the town house was divine! I'll be returning to Newy in July by the way. SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's SO cool to have a bloggy BFF. Haha! I love it. : ) And now I want to go eat cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...