Image Map

A Day of Inner Peace

04 March 2012

After several months of planning, my meditation centre held it's first Open House event.
We called it, "A Day of Inner Peace."  With a guided meditation geared toward beginners, some devotional chanting, refreshments, and a short film, we invited members of the public to join us for the afternoon.

I'm happy to say that the event was a success!  Everything went according to plan and one-third of our total attendees were newcomers.  Since I was planning the event, I felt some pressure and nervousness about it.  There is a satisfaction in seeing an idea come to fruition, but there is always that little voice of doubt in the back of your head that says "what if no one shows up?", "what if we don't get things setup in time?", "what if I'm so nervous that I totally botch the introduction?", "what if the peace doesn't come?"

Fortunately, people did show up.  Things were setup in time.  All my nervousness left my body as soon as I approached the podium.  And most importantly, the peace came.  Not only did the peace come, but many longtime meditators shared with me that it was one of the deepest meditations they've had in ages.

So, in the spirit of peace, here are some inspirational thoughts for this Sunday.

"Affirm divine calmness and peace, and send out only thoughts of love and goodwill if you want to live in peace and harmony.  Live a godly life yourself and everyone who crosses your path will be helped just by being with you."
-Paramahansa Yogananda

"When you have peace in every moment of your body, peace in your thinking and in your will power, peace in your love, and peace and God in your ambitions, remember, you have connected your life with God."
-Paramahansa Yogananda

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! It sounds like a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just added myself to your followers for support, and wanted to invite you to come follow my blog and be a part of a really fun giveaway I’m having!
    Hope to see you there! Thanks!

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/03/back-to-back-giveaways.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to attend a meditation event sometime. Maybe back in America someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...