Image Map

A Night at the Theatre

25 January 2012


We have this really awesome, art Deco theatre {or picture palace, as they like to call it} about 500 metres from our house.  It's a pretty well known landmark, so we always use it to describe where we live.

Have we ever been there?  Of course not.  In seven months of living here, why on Earth would be choose to walk 500 metres to the movie theater.  Instead, we drive to all the "big box" theaters in mall.

However, that all changed last night!

Check out how awesome this place is....







This place is so, so cool.  And they do things like a "Gremlins & Beetlejuice" double feature.  Of course, I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of this place sooner.  

We saw Hugo in 3D.


In my opinion, this movie was pretty meh.  Apparently there's been quite a bit of hype about it amongst the critics {or so my husband claims.}  It was a cute story for all ages, but the plot moved very, very slowly.  They should have cut an hour out of the movie and sped up the plot, or spent more time on character development.  

The story felt pretty predictable to me, so I was quite surprised when the movie finished and my husband exclaimed "that was awesome!  I couldn't tell where it was going and they told such a good story.  They don't make 'em like that anymore."  So go figure!  

I'm also officially giving up on 3D.  I just don't like it.  The effects don't add anything for me, and at times they are downright distracting and nauseating.  

What did y'all think?  Anybody else see Hugo and have a different opinion?

5 comments:

  1. Haven't saw Hugo, but I agree on your opinion of 3D. Ryan and I both think it's a waste of money and it gives him motion sickness. I'll take regular films any day (especially in awesome theaters).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sign that says "Avoid the Queues." I was calling my wait list "the queue" until I realized that most Americans have no idea what a queue is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have yet to see a 3-d movie, but I am in love with your theatre!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great theatre! I love when classic buildings stick around. The candy bar is the best. We saw Hugo and I thought it was pretty cute. I can see what you mean about it being predictable, but I have to agree with your husband on this one, I liked the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whether your priority is taste or variety, VaporFi got you covered.

    With vape juices that are produced from food-grade ingredients, their vaping flavors are very smooth and consistent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love!
Every comment makes me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...